1. How can I start searching for properties in Cyprus? You can start searching for properties through our online platform. We have a variety of listings including houses, apartments, villas, and commercial properties. You can use the search tool to filter properties based on your preferences such as location, property type, price, and size.
2. Are there any restrictions for foreigners buying property in Cyprus? As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, non-EU citizens can purchase property in Cyprus but with certain limitations. EU citizens who are residents in Cyprus can purchase any amount of property. For the most recent and accurate information, please consult a legal expert or contact us directly.
3. What additional costs should I consider when buying a property? Aside from the purchase price, there are additional costs to consider including transfer fees, stamp duty, VAT (Value Added Tax), and legal fees. It’s also wise to consider ongoing costs such as maintenance, utilities, and property taxes.
4. How does the buying process work? Typically, the buying process involves finding a property, negotiating the price, signing a preliminary agreement, applying for necessary permissions (for non-EU citizens), paying the deposit, signing the final contract, and registering the property. It is recommended to have a lawyer guide you through the process to ensure your interests are protected.
5. Do I need to be in Cyprus to buy a property? No, you don’t need to be physically present in Cyprus to buy a property. You can give power of attorney to a trusted representative (like a lawyer) in Cyprus to complete the process on your behalf.
6. Can I get a mortgage in Cyprus? Yes, both residents and non-residents can apply for a mortgage in Cyprus. The terms and conditions may vary depending on the bank and your circumstances. We recommend contacting banks directly or talking to a mortgage broker for more information.
7. What is the property market like in Cyprus? The property market in Cyprus offers a wide range of opportunities for both investors and those looking for a new home. With beautiful natural landscapes, historic sites, and a favorable climate, Cyprus is attractive to many. However, market conditions can change, and it’s important to conduct thorough research or consult with our property experts for the latest insights.
8. What are the laws for renting out my property? Cyprus has specific laws governing the rental of residential and commercial properties. It’s important to understand these laws before renting out your property. Our team can provide guidance on this topic, and you may also want to consult with a legal expert.
9. How can I sell my property in Cyprus? To sell your property, you’ll need to prepare it for sale (which might involve repairs or renovations), set a price, market the property, and handle viewings. Our real estate agents can help you through this process, from providing a property valuation to closing the sale.
10. Do you provide property management services? Yes, we offer a range of property management services, from routine maintenance and repairs to tenant management for rental properties. Please contact us for more details.